Bishop Dr. Victoria Cortez of Nicaragua with Peace delegation
We were fashioned to behold the wonders all around us...
Art & Spirituality
Simplicity speaks volumes...
Jazz at Peace
The soul has no shape…only melody and pulse
A thousand candles can be lighted from the flame of one candle... Gandhi
Science & Evolution
When the solution is simple, God is answering... Einstein
Welcome to Peace Lutheran Church. — an unfolding mosaic of Grace. We encourage spiritual exploration; equip friends with experiences of wisdom, compassion and joy; provide pastoral care; engage contemporary prophetic struggles; value both our Christian roots and dialogue with interfaith partners as we celebrate creativity and contemplation in community life and worship. Join us!
- Sat Nov 10 – Chromatica in Concert, reception following
- Sat Nov 17 – Rhythm & Spirit with Kaleo Ching!
- Nov 21st @ 7pm Annual Interfaith Thanksgiving service at San Ramon Valley United Methodist Church. Music, storytelling, children’s time, violinists!
- Fri Nov 30 – Friday Films 7:00p: Kenny’s roast chicken dinner at 7:00p and Won’t You Be My Neighbor? at 8:00 pm in the Gathering Hall. 2018 is the 50th anniversary of the national debut of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.
- Annual Pure Delight Christmas Concert will be Saturday, Dec 1st; 5:00p benefitting CCIH (Contra Costa Interfaith Housing).
- Upcoming Forums:
- “Revolutionary Love” – A Sikh testimony
- Abba/Imma Qiqong
Refugee Help Volunteers? Link here to find out more
Join us on Friday, Nov. 30 for Dinner & a Movie – Kenny’s roast chicken dinners at 7:00p and Won’t You Be My Neighbor? at 8:00p in the Gathering Hall. 2018 is the 50th anniversary of the national debut of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, an immensely popular children’s program which reached 5-10 million preschool children daily. Mr.Rogers both produced and wrote his show while voicing 10 puppets. Run time 93 min.; rated PG-13, parents strongly cautioned – some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Lessons on loneliness and friendship are interspersed with edgy conversations about the assassination of Robert Kennedy and the Challenger disaster. While some parts of America were having trouble with interracial bathing in swimming pools, Rogers invited an African-American policeman to join him to soak their feet in the same tub. When they are done, Rogers repeats the ministrations of Jesus as he dries his friend’s feet.