Pastor’s Weekly Message: 04.16.14
Peace I bequeath to you, My own peace I give you,
A peace which the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. —John 14: 27: This passage was the Dedication Verse for Peace 15 years ago
Holy Week – the Paschal Mystery: It has been said that if you want to understand the Christian Faith read the Gospel of John, chapters 13–17…..until you weep.
The following are a series of intimate worship gatherings this week. Come pray, contemplate, be still and be awakened.
- Our Maundy Thursday liturgy is based on John 13–17. The service is at 7:30pm.
- Our Good Friday liturgy invites us to simply be present at the Cross–the pivotal and paradoxical experience of despair and hope. It too is at 7:30pm.
- The Easter Vigil is the celebration of our Transformation by the Grace of God. This liturgy begins at 7:30pm.
- Easter Day Worship is at 10:00 AM! It will be a joyous occasion with uplifting music, guest musicians, new art and lively spirit. Invite your friends! (Note the special time.)
- Easter Brunch: you are asked to bring either an Egg Dish or Fruit or Pastries to contribute to our Brunch. Whatever you enjoy eating will be welcomed.
Please keep in your prayers: Joan Squire, Greg and Annie recovering from surgery, Rich Storelee and James on the death of their mothers, the children of Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine, and those who are hungry and living on the streets of our nation, those in prison…and those soon to be released!
Spring: Hymn Sing and Video Fling – What a delight it was to share in the music and video clips Gary prepared for us last Friday. It was our 4th joyous Sing Along offered this year. And we raised the final funds necessary to pay for our new organ speakers. Gary is transforming our sanctuary into a full ‘surround sound’ environment and making this instrument perform many new marvels for us.
When a father gives to his son, they both laugh.
When a son gives to his father, they both cry.
Blessed Holy Week, Pr. Steve