SOLAR HALOS FOR PEACE PROJECT UPDATE – May 2, 2017
We are excited and grateful that our solar project is becoming a reality and we can look forward to the installation before Summer!
- After much research, the Solar Committee selected Sky Power of San Ramon to install our solar. The company is Diamond Certified and uses SunPower Solar Panels, the best in the business.
- The contract was signed February 8th and Sky Power immediately completed site evaluation, reviewed Peace building plans, and has worked with its subcontractors to complete engineering review. The updated engineering plans were submitted to the Town of Danville for review and building permits were issued April 28th. The solar panels are already in the Sky Power warehouse so as soon as the custom racking solution is delivered, construction will begin. We are hopeful that installation will begin in mid May.
- Financials –
- Project Cost – $86,000
- Fundraising Total – $80,688.50
- Please Note: SkyPower has offered a $500 deduction to both Peace and any homeowner who contracts with them to have solar installed on their home.
- Also: Mark your calendars for our big party including dinner and festivities on Sunday, May 28th to celebrate our Solar Project and all the wonderful happenings and people at Peace!!The Solar Committee
Arlene, Boris, Ken, Libby, Pastor Steve – Also, many thanks to Kari, our Office Mgr at Peace
Find out more by visiting our FAQ page