Indeed, is it not clear that the soul of the faithful one, is greater than heaven itself?
For the skies cannot contain their Creator; only we, only we are the dwelling place of God. —St. Claire of Assisi
Holy Week Schedule:
- Palm Sunday, March 29 – Worship at 9:30 am. We begin in the Courtyard for our Palm Procession.
- Tridduum (The Mystery of Christ’s Passion, Death and Resurrection can only be conveyed in worship, prayer, meditation and the Sacraments)
- Maundy Thursday worship at 7:30 pm
- Good Friday meditations at 7:30 pm
- Easter Day – Worship at 10:00 am! Invite Friends to join you!
The Ring of Solidarity: The Muslim community (literally holding hands) recently surrounded Synagogues in Norway, Sweden and Denmark to offer prayers for their peace and protection. Today (Friday) our I-SRV/ Interfaith Group here in San Ramon enacted this same gathering for prayer by surrounding our local Mosque with prayers for their members and children. This was the first time this has happened in the United States and it was powerful – a true sign of hope in times of division and fear. The occasion was blessed with the mercy we pray for and the Gospel we teach. The Muslim families were moved to tears and said they would teach their children to never forget this day. A fitting beginning to Holy Week.
We remember Lars, Margit and their family, Marie and Holly’s family, Alan and Monica/ Knut and Sonja and their family, Annie and her family as we begin our Holy Week journey.
May their lives be seeds of blessing for all of us.
Advance Concert Calendar:
- Jazz Church West this Sunday present Fred Randolph’s Sextet and his new cd “Singing without Song”
- April 12 – “Flash Mob” by Anton Schwartz – chosen one of the Top 10 Cds for 2014 by Downbeat Magazine.
- April 25 – “Spring Delight” with Coelis Ensemble, Elizabeth and Friends
- “Race to Nowhere” – Chris Pancoast and our Education Committee are presenting this film on Monday, May 11 at 7:00 pm. It examines the overwhelming stress and demands in our children’s lives. It was filmed here in Danville and Lafayette. Get further information this Sunday. Don’t miss this compelling film!
They’re Back – Church Bulletin Bloopers (thanks to Martha)
Don’t let worry kill you off – let the Church help.
“For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.”
“The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.”
Actually the last one is true – a wonderful fundraising Church Dinner is coming your way on May 2…..without the hostility we hope!
Holy Week Blessings,