Pastor Steve is on Retreat this week (returning Sunday afternoon) so these few notes are from Libby…
Thanks to Greg Grebe and Committee for a marvelous St. Francis Blessing of the Animals Festival last Sunday. What joy, calm and lovely energy! Greg reports that it was a “good day with focus on the animals. All the exhibitors I talked to were really glad that they came and want to do more next year.”
Kurt Ericson’s family sends this message:
We would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support and love during this very difficult time. Kurt was loved by many! His laughter, compassion, humor and love for his family and friends will always be remembered and greatly missed!!
Kurt’s Memorial Service will be Monday, Oct. 10 at 3 pm. Members of Peace are invited. If you can bring something for the reception, send Pr. Anita an email or give her a call by Sunday.
Bartlett Tree Service removed the large Siberian Elm near the Memorial Garden on Wednesday. The workmen confirmed that the tree was rotten in the trunk and also on top and needed to be removed for safety reasons. Their stump grinding specialist will be here in a few days to dispose of the stump.
We still need more Sunday School teachers and more people to count the collection. Call the office 648-7000 or talk to Pr. Anita or Pr. Steve.
Get these October events in your calendar:
- Oct. 9 Seventh season of Jazz Church West/Jazz @ Peace begins with the Erik Jekabson Quartet at 5 pm
- Oct. 15 Tenth annual WOW service at Beth Chaim at 4 pm. “Baby we were born this way!” See flyer on kiosk.
- Oct. 16 St. Luke’s Healing Prayer Service at 9:30 am and Brain, Health, Wholeness–The Science/Religion/Healing Teams at 4 pm
- Oct. 23 Small and Tall Family Service at 9:30 am
- Oct. 28 Taize Contemplative Prayer Service at 7 pm
- Oct 30 Reformation Sunday Service at 9:30 am and
- All-Nite Soul 5-9 (?) pm–Latin Jazz Jam with John Calloway
Blessings to All!