“S/He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.” — Aeschylus
“By waiting and by calm you shall be saved, in quiet and in trust your strength lies.” Isaiah 30: 15
HOLY WEEK begins this Sunday with Palm Sunday. Special video worship experiences are being prepared for you throughout the week. Decide what Intention you will choose to focus on for Holy Week. What do you want to learn? What do you want to appreciate? What do you want to practice? Who/what do you want to be with for a week? What do you want to pray for a week? Your Intention will sharpen and strengthen your clarity to experience a Holy Week like you have never experienced before!
Abba/Imma Qiqong Lord’s Prayer link will be coming to you with this week’s homily.
Many people continue to Walk our Labyrinth and stroll through Ken and Austin’s Courtyard Garden. Both are literally life saving right now. And of course our Healing Mandala is resting in the Peace Mosaic.
Please keep in your prayers: Melanie Hobden recovering from surgery, Betty and Bob – quarantined for the time being; Bob Worthington – recovering from a stroke; all the people of Peace who are experiencing isolation as harsh; those who are separated from their families, those who have recently died; health workers – Jessica, Kylie and many others; for those without food at this time; all who are making special creative efforts like making masks; Alan Laurlund whose work is designing/expanding current and new hospitals; and for the most vulnerable – refugees, immigrants, children on the border who will face the corona virus soon.
The Peace Council is examining our financial picture at Peace and discerning how we will best make it through this time. If you are able to continue contributing at this time your gifts are most appreciated! Council financial recommendations will be coming to you in the near future.
Our calling: To see the World through the Cross; To see Life through the eyes of God; To see one another through the compassion of Christ.
Jubilee USA Network: We are sharing some good news amidst these trying times.
We have won 3 Campaigns due to our coronavirus education:
- Moments ago the IMF agreed to our proposal to expand debt relief, as the coronavirus spreads, to the world’s poorest countries to bolster healthcare
- The IMF just announced it will double its capacity to do below market-rate lending to all countries to prevent financial crisis in the face of the coronavirus
- On Wednesday, after two years of work, the IMF supported the plan to reduce Somalia’s debt from $5 billion to $577 million
“Are there not 12 hours in the day?
No one who walks in the daytime stumbles,
having the light of this world to see by;
anyone who walks around at night stumbles,
having no light as a guide.” Jesus / John11: 10
You will receive our Palm Sunday Liturgy initiating Holy Week at 9:45 on Sunday morning. Feel free to forward to friends. Thanks to Gary for producing, Elizabeth for singing and Kari for transmitting!
Our online services will be available to view via the website on Friday afternoon, and will be posted to Facebook along with the 9:45 email on Sunday morning. The homily will remain on the website through the week.
- COMPLETE THE CENSUS TODAY!
- No, this is not an April Fool’s Day prank. Today is National Census Day!
- In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Census Bureau is encouraging the public to respond to the 2020 U.S. Census online.
- Why does responding to the 2020 U.S. Census matter so much? Because: the census helps determine where funding goes, and how much funding communities get.
- Filling out the 2020 U.S. Census online is fast and easy—no more than 10 minutes.
- So, can we count on you to get counted?
- Wash your hands and get those keys clicking!
Blessed Holy Week,