FORUM – Peace as Sanctuary this Sunday, March 18: We will have a Skype Conversation with staff members of LIRS/Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services in Baltimore and Washington DC. They are the official agency of our national church body who have been involved for decades in immigration and refugee realities and struggles. They will help us to understand the context in which we find ourselves as we discern the Spirit’s leading among us. Your questions will be welcomed too!
Lent traditionally asks you to give something up. This Lent I am inviting you to Give Yourself to one (or all 3) of these events:
- A delightful Interfaith Concert — next Tuesday night at Beth Chaim on Tuesday, March 20 (See flier below). If you love our Thanksgiving Eve celebration you will treasure this night as well. We need an evening of joy, music, story telling wisdom and the heart-warming presence of each other.
- Seder Meal and Celebration – Thursday, March 29 at 6:30 pm. Are you disturbed by Gun Violence and the killing of our youth? Irresponsible leaders? The devastation of our earth? Are you longing for an open, honest sibling partnership with Judaism and other interfaith friends? Hungry for joy, celebration and hope? Want to taste the inner meaning of the Eucharist? Then come to our Annual Seder! It will be charged with new insights from our Exodus Class. You will discover how we are part of an ancient stream of hope and transformation for God’s world. Sign up this Sunday or online.
- Easter is April 1 – April Fool’s Day! Who are the friends you will invite to join you and sit with you for this amazing, uplifting, soul-stirring and creative worship celebration?? Think on this, pray on this, begin inviting now.
Our last ‘Reimagining Exodus‘ class will host author Rabbi David Zaslow at Peace next Wednesday evening at 7:30 pm (see flier below). Enjoy the passion of this ancient Liberation Story and discover the common DNA shared by Jews and Christians as we build our Interfaith Community in the spirit of peace and justice.
The Monte Vista Choir will be performing 2 Concerts at Peace on March 22 and 23 (Thursday and Friday) next week. Over 500 students will be performing. You are invited to attend.
Peace Participates: The Peace Women and friends in this photo turned out to support the San Ramon High students who participated in the #EnoughisEnough Walkout this past Wednesday. The students cheered our contingent when they concluded their 17 minutes in honor of the 17 students who died in Parkland, Florida.
Holy Week Schedule
- Palm Sunday – March 25, 10 am
- Seder March 29 at 6:30 pm
- Good Friday — March 30: Peace open from Noon – 3 pm for Silent contemplation; worship at 7:00 pm
- Easter — April 1 at 10 am