“Now is the time to clarify the eyes of the heart. To those cleared eyes, the promise of Truth will be fulfilled, for they shall see God.” (Bernard of Clairvaux)
Advent/Christmas/Epiphany is the Season of Light and what a rich season we have been celebrating:
- The Elders Wisdom on the 4th Sunday of Advent and the Signing of the Senses of the Catechumens;
- Baby Blessings with Susanna and Raddi and Kenzie, Bo,Lars and Gun;
- The Christmas Pagaent with a full house/ the Gliding, Gladdening, Glitzing Angels (Elizabeth, Anita and Aubree and Christy); the touch of Baby Jesus Lucy Lin; gifted Narrators, Shepherds and Wise Ones; Mary Zhiting and Joseph Bob; House Manager Pr. Margareta, with Costumes and Set by Tammy & Michael Valenta with Mackenzie assisting. And my favorite Benedictor: Tommy Valenta.
- The Candlelight Service with Singers: Julia and Sue Field, Dwane and Sarah Michael, Elisabeth Pfeiffer and Carol Strawn – Happy Engagement, Carol! A feast of Cinnamon Rolls after each service were warmly received – people just didn’t want to leave!
- And Christmas Day a Surprise Choir of Angels Katy, Bev, Sue and more. It turns out there was No Vacancy in the hearts of those who worshiped.
Tonight we are hosting a Friends/New Member Dinner at Peace and over 20 people are attending. Should be a great evening.
An Early Communion Class for children in 2nd – 5th Grades (and their parents) begins next Sunday January 18. This is a wonderful, experiential learning experience for the whole family. Let me know if you would like to participate.
Jazz at Peace happens this Sunday with Anton Schwartz, sax and Gerry Grosz, violist. Will be an exciting improvisational evening of maximum creativity. Invite your friends. (And on February 11 Marcus Shelby will return with his Brass Orchestra and new compositions dedicated to Dr. Martin Luther King.)
Please keep in your prayers: the Confirmands and Catechumens, Tom Popp’s mother, Nancy van Diest, Yuanyuan, Bob Sweeney, the people of Gaza and Israel, for an end to torture, those seeking employment and all who are seeking the Light.
This last Sunday after the fine Martial Arts gifts of Ethan Hepner and Zhiting Tsai, all the Yoga Lovers at Peace are demanding equal time. So look for some high quality Yoga on Sunday morning in the near future. (Meditation on Thursdays from 5:45 – 6:30 pm returns on January 15. A new Tai Chi Chuan Class also begins on Thursday, January 15 at 7 pm at Peace. All are invited.)
Joyous Epiphany Season, Pr. Steve